A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy.
And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet.
What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it.
And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-
term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off.
It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love.
With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands : M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®.
Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™.
Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
THIS POSITION COULD BE BASED IN PANAMA OR PUERTO RICO, CANDIDATES FROM BOTH COUNTRIES MAY BE ELIGIBLE.
Job Purpose / Overview
Leads the implementation and optimization of the assigned countries’ route to market in order to maximize sales and profits and achieve mutually beneficial category growth, deliver results and build
long term relationships with net of distributors, key partners and key accounts. Is responsible for the development and deployment of sales strategy within the regional strategic framework to capture the business potential of markets.
Is responsible for developing and executing creative, practical, and profitable solutions and alternatives to promote sales growth, market leadership and business development in all consumer contact points for all distribution channels.
1. Delivers of the annual sales operating plan within planned investment levels.
2. Reviews and recommends the optimum organization for the market, including distributors.
3. Manages distributors in the country and develops relationship with their key customers. Responsible for establishing and developing an efficient relationship with the net of distributors and key customers, monitoring their performance and compliance with the company standards of freshness, quality, service, availability and coverage.
4. Executes and monitors pricing strategy according to the expectations.
5. Accountable for the development, execution and evaluation of the sales and in-market activities in coordination with other functional areas.
6. Manages promotion, trade and assigned fixed costs budgets to ensure efficiency, fiscal responsibility and contribution to company sales and profits.
7. Develops cross functional network within the market, MCCA and other Mars units.
8. Uses a logical, systematic and fact based approach to analyze data and information from a variety of sources to assess / diagnose situations, solve problems and draw accurate recommendations of new business opportunities and ways of leveraging learning.
9. Demonstrates the ability to step out of a purely functional mindset to generate cross-functional opportunities and is able to deal with conflict and negotiate to a collaborative solution.
10. Builds compelling rationale / stories that deliver mutual category growth determined by revenue and profit.
11. Identifies and understands the needs of internal and external customers while demonstrates grasp of the content area to develop joint business plans, the creation of category goals, and the development of strategies and tactics which will drive the attainment of these goals.
12. Understands the competitive landscape to predict competition’s next steps’ and minimize risk to our business and the category.
13. Sets / attains product distribution targets by channel, customer and / or format using priority lists.
14. Continuously maximizes pushes the boundaries to maximize in store availability through relationship and insightful management of distributor’s execution.
15. Develops Strategies and Tactics that increase brand recognition in store, interrupt and engage the shopper to increase basket conversion and category growth.
16. Functions as a liaison on behalf of the company before government agencies.
17. Prepares and presents business reports, sales metrics, projections and forecasts.
Bachelors Degree plus Professional certifications. MBA Degree could be considered as well as equivalent experience with supervision, finance or marketing studies.
5+ years of experience in similar positions in the Consumer Industry.
Fluent in English and Spanish
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.
The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.