Proposed position- pending to contract award*
The maintaining of aircraft and their associated engines and sub-systems to ensure airworthiness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Repair, replace and rebuild aircraft structures and functional components. Must be able to perform rigging tasks as required.
Must be able to utilize shears, sheet metal tools and equipment, hand tools, drills power tools, etc.
Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other related documentation to determine feasibility and method of altering or repairing the aircraft and its associated components, determining the airworthiness of the aircraft and its associated components and replacement for malfunctioning or damaged components.
Inspect engines and their associated components for airworthiness; repair or replace defective engine parts and associated components;
remove and install engines onto the aircraft.
Troubleshoot, repair and replace electrical wiring and associated components.
Perform miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including hydraulic system servicing, engine oil replenishment, aircraft systems lubrication, aircraft fueling, etc.
Perform (OJT) on the job training, advise, and assist the host nation mechanic in all daily aircraft maintenance activities.
Ensure host nation mechanic complies with maintenance in accordance with the maintenance manuals and policies.
Ensure host nation mechanic properly complete forms and records related with aircraft maintenance and ground support equipment.
Participate in test-flights on aircraft to assist or facilitate troubleshooting or use of test equipment.
Ensure host nation mechanic properly use a variety of common hand tools, measuring devices such as gauges, torque wrenches, scales, test set, measurement and diagnostic equipment related to specific aircraft models.
Ensure host nation mechanic comply with tool control, FOD prevention, and housekeeping policies.
Interact with Company maintenance control, the customer and manufacturer in matters that concern the airworthiness of the aircraft, operational readiness of the aircraft and issues related to the troubleshooting of the aircraft's system.
Must have knowledge of U.S. Army Manual 95-1and DA / DOS PAM - / or U.S. Air Force Technical Orders along with maintenance sections of the certificate holder's maintenance manual, the operations specifications, the provisions and applicable parts of FAR Part .
Perform other duties as assigned
High School diploma or GED.
Must have current FAA issued Mechanic certificate with both Airframe & Power plant ratings.
Must have prior experience maintaining specific assigned aircraft or similar aircraft. ACFT Models , N-Model and UH-1ST.
Must have at least 6 years’ experience. Must have exercised the privilege of their A&P License for a minimum of 6 months of the previous 24 months.
Must have experience with working from blueprint drawings, diagram, specifications, service manuals, sketches, templates and other incomplete data.
LATAM countries : Spanish Level 2 in both Listening and Reading (L2 / R2).
Must pass and / or obtain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or LN Embassy Check / RSO as required for the position, prior to hire.
This role requires the employee to be fully vaccinated against COVID.
Strong electrical / avionics background is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision;
is accountable for own actions.
2. Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate;
listens attentively to others and retains / processes information.
3. Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him / her; deals tactfully with others;
assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
4. Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short- & long-term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines;
consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
5. Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work;
provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
6. Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others;
resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
7. Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
8. Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
9. Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
10. Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.