ABOUT WFP The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities.
They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work. JOB PURPOSE To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive) 1. Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
2. Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients. 3. Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
4. Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
5. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
6. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
7. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems. 8. Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
9. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS . Prepare monthly update on RBP SC Unit budget. . Share meeting invitations and prepare minutes of all SC meetings.
Experience : Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work. Knowledge & Skills :
TERMS AND CONDITIONS Position : Business Support Assistant (Supply Chain Unit) Number of openings : 1 Based in : Panama City, Panama Type of Contract : Fixed Term Level : General Service / Level 4 Duration : 12 months.
Only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledgement. This position is open only to Panamanian citizens or residents with work permit.
You can consult the UN Salary Scale for Panama page for your reference. Successful candidates will be placed in a roster for 2 years.
Fixed-Term appointments are for a continuous period of one year or more and shall have a specified expiration date. The initial appointment is subject to a probationary period of one year.
HOW TO APPLY To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http : / / www1.
wfp.org / careers / job-openings. If you are internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile. In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS The deadline to apply to this position is March 21, 2022. Link to apply : https : / / career5.
successfactors.eu / sfcareer / jobreqcareer?jobId 158988&company C0000168410P