We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. This role is entirely remote and will be working alongside skilled and experienced engineers located in various countries across the globe.
This role is for a 4-on/4-off shift rotation, working between 11 AM and 9 PM (11:00 - 21:00) Pamana time (ECT).
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include assisting our customers by investigating and diagnosing issues, reporting bugs & issues to our Development team, building labs environments and product testing for the next release. You will use a mixture of email, chat, phone and remote support tools to help our customers depending on their preference and the complexity of the situation.
This role is unique as we need people with skills in a mixture of backgrounds and disciplines such as Linux, Microsoft (Windows Server & enterprise applications), Networking (TCP/UDP, routing, etc.) and most importantly, must be able to deal with customers in a professional and friendly manner. Our customer support reputation is among the best in the business and that is because we truly care about the problems affecting our customers!
We very much encourage the team to collaborate and to work together when fixing issues, it is all about customer satisfaction for us.
As well as covering the support desk, you'll also have plenty of time allocated for projects, research and self-directed learning i.e. more of what takes your personal interest.
- Respond to tickets in the helpdesk,
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Handle issues in the helpdesk through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to the internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Work with colleagues to jointly investigate issues and share knowledge that may help achieve resolution
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain jovial relationships with clients
The ideal candidate will possess
- Great customer service skills
- Knowledge of networking - TCP/UDP, routing, NAT, firewall configuration, etc.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system: filesystem structure, commands, services, etc.
- Knowledge of common Microsoft applications such as Exchange, RDS, SharePoint, etc. and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal using English. We work with customers who have different experience levels and so being able to adjust how a question is answered depending on who you are dealing with can be important.
- Prior experience of load balancing
- Scripting capability (Bash, Python, Powershell, etc.)
- Working knowledge of common virtualisation platforms such as VMware, Hyper-V, etc.
- Working knowledge of common cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- An understanding of WAF (mod_security) rules, GSLB, PBR, etc.
- The ability to work well and collaborate within a team or confidence to take ownership of and progress tasks independently as required
- A "can do" attitude and willingness to be flexible to get the job done
- A keen and inquisitive mind, the ability to think outside the box to help our customers
- Working as part of an outgoing and friendly team
- Exciting opportunity to develop new skills in a dynamic environment with a global customer base
- 17-days holiday per annum
- Being part of a company that truly cares about our customers and staff