Troubleshoots malfunctions and makes repairs to aircraft structures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Proficient in fabrication, cold working, flap peening and jacking, shoring aircraft
Performs repairs to aircraft skin, nacelles, cowlings, and structural components
Forms aircraft sheet metal components by hand or with the assistance of mechanical or hydro-mechanical tooling
Ensures stock levels for bench stock and consumables required to perform repairs are maintained
Interprets OEM, military, and DoS manuals. Read and understand engineering and modification drawings and installation instructions, blueprints, schematics and rudimentary drawings
Fabricate, assemble, and install prototype equipment on a large variety of aircraft, ranging from single-engine airplanes to complex, multi-engine turbojets, and helicopters
Must have ability to install prototype equipment on aircraft and make modifications to the existing airframes
Must perform sheet metal repairs to a variety of aircraft, possess an in-depth knowledge of sheet metal materials and repair techniques
Must use tools and equipment associated with a sheet metal shop, such as protractors, calipers, pitch gauges, crimping tools / machines, forming machines, gas and heli-arc welding machines, lathes, milling machines, saws and drilling presses
Assist and in aspects of general aircraft ground handling
Assist mechanics in conducting daily inspections and preparation of aircraft for flight
All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION REQUIRED :
High School diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
FAA issued mechanic certificate with both Airframe and Power Plant ratings
FAA Repairman Certificate
Skills & Experience Required :
Minimum of four years experience in the field consistent with the requirements set forth in individual task orders
Minimum of four years experience in maintenance, modification and repair of tactical aircraft systems of the type being serviced and their associated components is required
Knowledge of equipment related to individual requirements
Knowledge of military publications (including electronic manuals), drawings, blueprints, microfilm, diagrams and schematics is mandatory
Position requires a U.S. Department of State Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
Completion of U.S. military tactical aircraft maintenance or U.S. military technical school
Knowledge of military and / or company forms required by work specifications is a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CORE COMPETENCIES :
1. Job Knowledge & Skills - Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of technical responsibilities; performs tasks with minimal supervision;
exhibits skills needed to perform the job; troubleshoots & recommends / implements solutions.
2. Productivity- Works effectively & meets goals; takes initiative to improve performance.
3. Quality - Works accurately & meets quality requirements; questions errors & reports inconsistencies; follows processes & procedures
4. Work Habits - Provides accurate & consistent documentation; handles multiple tasks effectively; makes appropriate decisions;
demonstrates accountability for own work & actions; provides timely communications regarding work status.
5. Initiative & Innovation- Looks for new & better ways to get work done; asks questions to strengthen skills; seeks new responsibilities;
shares ideas for new processes / solutions to improve job & company.
6. Interpersonal Relationships & Teamwork - Listens attentively & responds appropriately; cooperates with others; resolves conflicts / problems with others;
assists with a variety of team roles.
7. Dependability- Begins work on time adheres to planned schedule on the job; shows flexibility to meet deadlines; sets an example for others;
completes tasks in appropriate time frame to meet company, team and individual goals.
8. Safety - Adheres to all safety and security policies & regulations; reports hazards & safety problems / incidents immediately.
9. Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve;
open to different ideas, suggestions and trying new things.
10. Training & Development - Has completed the required training; pro actively identifies new training & development opportunities;
receptive to coaching & feedback.
11. Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible and where differences are respected and valued.