The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The United Nations Humanitarian Depot (UNHRD) based in Panama City, Panama is seeking for a talented Storekeeper for its office located at the Panama Pacifico Airport, Howard.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of secondary school education
Language : Spanish. Knowledge of English is desirable
To support receipt / dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines and standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support receipt / dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.
g. waybills and / or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
2. Prepare and verify warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records, to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
3. Support daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
4. Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received / dispatched and handled, and refer to the supervisor for appropriate action.
5. Support implementation of appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
6. Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions to support efficient warehouse space-utilization and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Post Title : Assistant Storekeeper
Level : Equivalent to GS3
Contract Type : Special Service Agreement (SSA)
Duration : 2 months (Temporary job)
Duty Station : UNHRD, WFP Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean, Panama City, Panama, Howard
Entry-on-duty : As soon as possible
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Qualified candidates who are interested in the above position are invited to submit their application, attaching a Resume or the UN Personal History Form, not later than 13 August 2020, COB.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
If you are a Panamanian citizen or resident with a permanent work permit and if you fulfil the requirements of the post, you are kindly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledgement.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV / AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.