The job purpose of this position is to coordinate and deliver a full range of specialised support services for efficient planning, monitoring and analysis of project financial performance to enhance optimal use of financial resources.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Act as an escalation point in providing procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of budget and programming, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
2. Review budget plans, monitor and conduct comprehensive analysis of project financial performance and make recommendations in compliance with WFP financial policies and procedures and best practices, to support financial analysis and optimisation of resources.
3. Review and provide comprehensive analysis on fund and grant balances identifying surpluses and deficits, and suggest corrective measures, to support maximum fund utilization and decision-making process.
4. Support pipeline management ensuring efficient planning and monitoring, to prevent and address pipeline breaks and maximise operational effectiveness.
5. Actively participate and contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to facilitate the overall planning, expenditure forecasting, and budget management and monitoring of resource utilisation.
6. Review and / or enter project budget plans and revisions in the corporate systems, to ensure data is timely and accurately captured enabling easy access to information and supporting planning and decision-making.
7. Review and analyse complex data, and prepare comprehensive periodic and ad hoc reports, to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
8. Communicate with a wide range of stakeholders regarding complex project funds management matters and related processes, to resolve any current / potential issues preventing from optimisation of funds.
9. Co-ordinate and supervise work of other support staff, and support their learning and development in budget planning, fund management and operational planning, to ensure continued development and consistency in services delivered.
10. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices, to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Business, Administration, Economics or related functional area.
Knowledge : 6 or more years of professional experience in Budget, Finance or related areas.
Language : Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Spanish. Knowledge of French is an advantage.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE