Customer Development Leader (UTT Guatemala)
LOCATION : Panama, GU, GT JOB CATEGORY : Sales REQUISITION NUMBER : 171081
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy.
And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet.
What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it.
And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-
term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off.
It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love.
With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands : M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®.
Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™.
Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Generate sustainable growth with our UTT Key Account Clients in Guatemala through customer engagement, category growth and maniac execution for the different sales formats.
This will be accomplished creating a collaborative relationship with the local WM commercial team supported by coordination and implementation at a local level through an effective local multifunctional Mars team that will work collaboratively with local distributor and the local commercial WM structure.
1. Portfolio Management : Having the right products, in the right place, at the right time including baseline, temporary and seasonal products.
2. Budget Controls : Manage expenditures spends to promote its brands and products with Walmart to ensure that every penny spent delivers a solid return on investment and is spent in a way the builds the long term sustainability of the brands.
3. Business Development : Ability to understand and anticipate WM existing and future needs in depth and communicate this within organization while developing compelling solutions based on joint strategies that are mutually beneficial.
4. Business Planning : Build a plan to maintain sustainable category growth contemplating potential setbacks to the plan and develop contingencies..
5. Maniac Execution : Ownership of the execution in every store through definition of picture of excellence combined with clear and concise communication with retail teams in the field.
6. Customer Relation : Able to relate to people at all levels in the organization to build and manage internal / external relationships involving all stakeholders.
7. Category Expertise : Understand, apply and transfer Category & Brand knowledge by working closely with category Managers.
8. Numerical approach : Able to use retail link to be analytical and go beyond the numbers to find the real insight and opportunities.
Most of the job requires strong communication skills and influencing in a remote environment also, the support from his / her peers in the region is key to understand execution and promote sales in the country.
The associate will need to develop strong influence and communication with finance, logistic and customers service reps.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.
The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.