WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and / or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
For its efforts to combat hunger, for its contribution to bettering conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas and for acting as a driving force in efforts to prevent the use of hunger as a weapon of war and conflict, WFP was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2020.
This position is part of the HR Unit in the WFP Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean, supporting 13 country offices in the region.
The incumbent is expected to work under minimal supervisor. He / she is also expected to produce organized and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities, as well as offer guidance on standard HR practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
2. Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
3. Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
4. Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
5. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
6. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
7. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
8. Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
9. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of secondary school education. Specialized courses or advance studies in HR are an advantage.
Experience : Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience doing general administrative work, preferably in HR.
Knowledge & Skills :
Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
Language : Fluency (level C) in Spanish and English. Fluency in French is an asset.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position : Business Support Assistant (Human Resources Unit)
Number of openings : 1
Based in : Panama City, Panama
Type of Contract : Fixed Term
Level : General Service level 4
Duration : 12 months.
This position is open only to Panamanian citizens or residents with permanent work permit.
You can consult the UN Salary Scale for Panama page, for your reference.
Fixed-Term appointments are for a continuous period of one year or more and shall have a specified expiration date. The initial appointment is subject to a probationary period of one year.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at career opportunities.
If you are internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply for this position is January 30, 2022.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.
WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority.
Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.