ABOUT WFP The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability, and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT The Communications Assistant will work in the Communications Unit at the Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean (RBP), which is located in Panama.
The Unit is responsible for promoting the WFP brand across the region and the impact of its work to provide life changing solutions and respond in life saving situations.
The Communications Unit manages communications, advocacy and marketing, using traditional media, campaigns, events, the WFP website, and social media platforms in Spanish.
In addition, the Unit supports communications focal points in Country Offices in the Caribbean, Central America and South America.
JOB PURPOSE To perform general administrative and some specialised communications processes that support the creation of communications content and the delivery of communications services aimed at maintaining and enhancing WFP’s visibility and reputation and supporting fundraising activities.
The incumbent will be under the overall supervision of the Head of Unit and work closely with staff in the Unit, experts in Panama, communications focal points in 14 countries in the region, and communications experts in different areas in WFP headquarters in Rome.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive) 1. Provide coordination, administrative and specialised services, to support staff in the development, preparation and execution of communications campaigns for target audiences.
2. Monitor and coordinate materials, schedules, facilities and clearances, and provide support for special events, and video / film, photographic and radio projects.
3. Conduct clearly defined research and prepare reports and provide data that enables informed decision-making. 4. Monitor traditional and social media and report relevant information to senior staff to inform the development and / or evaluation of communications activities and strategies.
5. Under clear guidance, prepare content for traditional and social media platforms and networks, and printed materials, to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities, ensuring consistency with corporate messages and standards.
6. Distribute communications guidelines for WFP staff to refer to when creating content. 7. Manage and maintain records and databases, such as journalist and media outlet contact lists, to ensure the information is accurate, organised and readily available for others to access.
8. Respond to a variety of queries and requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries.
9. Liaise with WFP staff and the media in a timely manner, to support aligned activities and an effective approach to communications within WFP.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS The Communications Assistant will support with : 1. Ensuring all products (text, design, videos, photos, social media posts) are consistently in line with global narratives, regional messages, and branding guidelines.
2. Developing multi-channel integrated marketing campaigns, and strategies and creative briefs to engage with influencers in the region.
3. Writing copy and script ideas tailored to specific audiences for regional campaigns, and for corporate videos and social media posts that promote priority issues.
4. Promoting donors and partners online and offline by collecting information from focal points in donor capitals and Country Offices, as well as developing a marketing plan and products.
5. Using corporate and third-party tools to organize, archive, share, schedule and publish multimedia content. 6. Researching software, applications, equipment and accessories.
7. Tasks related to office branding, inventory, event logistics, Unit staff travel, purchases, procedures and budgets. STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education : Completion of secondary school education.
A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable. Experience : Five years of progressively responsible work experience in communications or related area with experience in digital marketing and / or integrated marketing.
Language : Fluent in Spanish and English, level C. DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE . Proficient in use of photo / video editing software (Adobe Premiere, Lightroom, Photoshop) or similar packages, and in use of Office suite (Excel, Power Point, Word, Teams, Yammer).
Number of openings : 1 Based in : Panama City, Panama Type of Contract : Fixed Term Level : General Service / Level 5 Duration : 12 months.
Only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledgement. This position is open only to Panamanian citizens or residents with work permit.
You can consult the UN Salary Scale for Panama page for your reference. Successful candidates will be placed in a roster for 2 years.
Fixed-Term appointments are for a continuous period of one year or more and shall have a specified expiration date. The initial appointment is subject to a probationary period of one year.
HOW TO APPLY To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http : / / www1.
wfp.org / careers / job-openings. If you are internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile. In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS The deadline to apply to this position is March 15, 2022. Link : https : / / career5.successfactors.
eu / sfcareer / jobreqcareer?jobId 158984&company C0000168410P