Senior Programme Associate FT / G7 (Nutritionist)
Organization : UN WFP - World Food Programme
Grade : Administrative support, GS-7, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position
Occupational Groups : Administrative support
Project and Programme Management
Closing Date : 2019-08-14
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Job Title : Senior Programme Associate (Nutritionist)
Contract Type : Fixed-Term / GS-7
Duty Station : Panama City, Panama
Department / Office : Programme / Regional Bureau in Panama
Posting Period : 30 July 13 August 2019 (midnight Panama Time).
At WFP we are looking for a talented Senior Programme Associate (Nutritionist) in Panama, Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean.
You will support the Regional Bureau, to provide effective coordination and specialized support to a full range of Nutrition activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Are you ready to change and save the lives of the world’s most vulnerable people?
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language : Fluency in both oral and written communication in Spanish and English.
The Senior Programme Associate (Nutritionist) will report to the Programme Policy Officer. He / she will work with the regional team and is expected to produce organised and accurate technical work.
1. Provide specialized expertise and contribute towards the development of project activities, plans and processes within the specific technical area of work ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide efficient coordination and specialized project management support to a range of specific and / or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a variety of elaborated reports and substantial data analysis (e.
g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and make recommendations to supervisors, ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
4. Lead and ensure accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
5. Coordinate and liaise with internal counterparts on a range of complex matters to enable effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Foster relationships and support partnership-building with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within a specific technical area.
8. Act as an escalation point for complex query resolution on all matters within the area of responsibility.
9. Manage a team of support staff, providing advice, guidance and training, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
10. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
OTHER POST REQUIREMENTS
Provide specialized support to the Regional Bureau to ensure effective collaboration with Country Offices and strategic partners for the development of activities and projects
Monitor the implementation of the corporate Nutritional policy by reviewing project documents and activities in the different Country offices in the Region, ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
Perform any other duties within his / her professional competence as required by her supervisor.
DESIRED EDUCATION, LANGUAGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Education : Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition. Master’s degree o post-graduate studies in Nutrition or Public Health.
Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
Ability to use MS Word and Excel
Demonstrated communication skills (written and verbal) with a variety of stakeholders, including effectively communicating technical concepts
Previous experience with the UN system, particularly in relation to Nutrition programmes is an asset.
Previous experience as a Speaker at Conferences / Symposiums
Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
Ability to build rapport with a variety of people from different backgrounds.
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and requests.
Ask questions, interact, and discuss objectives regarding day to day work of the team.
Prior knowledge and working experience in Latin America is an asset.
Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledgement.
National positions are subject to local recruitment. These posts shall be filled, as far as possible, by persons recruited from commuting distance of the duty station or within the country.
This position is open to Panamanian nationals only.
Fixed-Term appointments are for a continuous period of one year or more and shall have a specified expiration date. The initial appointment is subject to a probationary period of one year.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at . If you are internal applicant, apply through yor E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply for this post is 13 August 2019 (midnight Panama Time).
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV / AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.