The tool room attendant is ultimately responsible for the storage and issuance of tools, free stock and materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Control and issuance of aircraft tools, general purpose tools, test equipment, free stock and materials
Accurately perform Daily Tooling Audits assigned by the Tooling Lead or designee in a timely manner
Verify all tools, tool kits and test equipment are complete and in serviceable condition prior to being issued out prior to being placed back in the assigned location
Verify that any tool or test equipment requiring caps and plugs are in place prior to locating back in the assigned location
Verify that any calibrated tool being issued out and returning has a legible sticker in place and that it is within a serviceable date
Verify calibration and serviceability of tools prior to issuing out. If found to be out of calibration or in need of repair to complete a routing tag and check out in the appropriate maintenance tracking system
Maintain tools and materials in designated location for ease of access
Insure that aircraft tools, parts and materials are stored to protect them from damage or deterioration
Assist Tool Support with routing tools out for calibration and repair when requested
Accurately complete multi-shift shift tool forms prior to tools being checked out and when returning from long-term use
Verify the multi-shift report is clear prior to aircraft being released
Coordinate the shipping and replacement of out of calibration equipment at various sites worldwide
Perform (OJT) on-the-job training for the host nation’s Tool and Parts Attendant
Assist the host nation’s Tool and Parts Attendant in complying with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and program policies
Assist the host nation’s Tool and Parts Attendant in coordinating with Logistic regarding parts and requirement
Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This role requires the employee to be fully vacccinated against COVID.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Must possess computer skills and be able to work with minimal supervision
Previous experience working in heavy maintenance environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Knowledge of heavy maintenance tooling and familiarity with aircraft tooling and parts preferred.
Three (3) or more years expeience as tool room attendant or supply clerk
One (1) or more years of experience training host naton peronnel
Must be able to listen and read in English and Spanish at appropriate levels for program (Spanish Level L-2, R-2 required in LATAM Programs).
Position requires a U.S. Department of State Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT).
Five (5) years or more of experience as Tool Room Attendant or Supply Clerk
Three (3) years or more of experience in training host nation personnel
Previous experience working in Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) and Bench Stock Lever (BSL) Management is a plus
Prior Military TMDE or PMEL or Department of State INL / A experience a plus
1. Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision;
is accountable for own actions.
2. Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate;
listens attentively to others and retains / processes information.
3. Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him / her; deals tactfully with others;
assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
4. Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines;
consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
5. Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work;
provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges. 6. Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers;
ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
7. Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
8. Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
9. Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.