Manage and maintain all technical publications in the central, dispersed and site libraries for immediate retrieval of accurate technical information by both maintenance and management personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Orders, receives and distributes aircraft technical orders and publications
Maintains master / satellite aircraft and ground support equipment publications library, to include posting and filing
Maintains technical order inventory system using manual and automated methods. Requisitions new and replacement technical orders and related commercial publications.
Must have experience in maintaining a technical order library in accordance with Technical Order 00-5-1 policy
Must be able to review automated indexes and determine the need to establish initial distribution requirements and for updates to the applicable date for the systems assigned.
Type and file correspondence and coordinate all library functions with the Aviation Master Technical Publications Library located at the Program Management Office
Maintain a computer file of all publications within the central / dispersed and site libraries. - Document and verify accuracy of all publications for each library in accordance with applicable Government / Company policies and instructionsCoordinate publication procedures with all dispersed librarians in accordance with applicable Government / Company policies and instructions
Distribute changes to each dispersed and site librarian for incorporation into their libraries. Assist and train personnel in the use and maintenance of technical publication libraries.
Conduct scheduled library audits / inventories of all work center / site libraries as required. Submit a Publication Change Request form to the local
Quality Control office when publications are deficient or on any publication that is incomplete upon receipt
Coordinate and keep the Quality Control and Maintenance Manager informed of all updated publications
Assist in preparation of CDRLs
Maintain files of correspondence, directives and other library reports
Comply with all established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, facility and job assignment
Assist as directed to ensure safety, security and preservation of government / company owned equipment.
EDUCATION REQUIRED :
High School Diploma or GED
A.A. / A.S or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Must have at least two years of experience working in a technical library facility, including experience in storage and retrieval of technical data for aircraft and aircraft component systems
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English
Able to follow verbal and written instructions
As a condition of employment, all candidates must be able to obtain a clearance, pass a physical to deploy, successfully complete a urinalysis and criminal background check and show proof of COVID 19 vaccination
Position requires a U.S. Department of State Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
Satisfactory completion of U.S. Armed Forces Technical Publications Librarian courses or civilian schools with equivalent curriculum or one year of on the job training / experience required
Must be able to meet Government / Company licensing / qualification requirements for the position
Working knowledge of applicable maintenance / technical manuals and publications
Must have basic working knowledge of ITAR and EAR regulations
Able to type a minimum of 35 words per minute
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Job Knowledge & Skills - Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of technical responsibilities; performs tasks with minimal supervision;
exhibits skills needed to perform the job; troubleshoots & recommends / implements solutions.
2. Productivity - Works effectively & meets goals; takes initiative to improve performance.
3. Quality - Works accurately & meets quality requirements; questions errors & reports inconsistencies; follows processes & procedures
4. Work Habits - Provides accurate & consistent documentation; handles multiple tasks effectively; makes appropriate decisions;
demonstrates accountability for own work & actions; provides timely communications regarding work status.
5. Initiative & Innovation - Looks for new & better ways to get work done; asks questions to strengthen skills; seeks new responsibilities;
shares ideas for new processes / solutions to improve job & company.
6. Interpersonal Relationships & Teamwork - Listens attentively & responds appropriately; cooperates with others; resolves conflicts / problems with others;
assists with a variety of team roles.
7. Dependability - Begins work on time adheres to planned schedule on the job; shows flexibility to meet deadlines; sets an example for others;
completes tasks in appropriate time frame to meet company, team and individual goals.
8. Safety - Adheres to all safety and security policies & regulations; reports hazards & safety problems / incidents immediately.
9. Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve;
open to different ideas, suggestions and trying new things.