Support the Research Assessment and Monitoring team with GIS data management analysis and visualization.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. At the onset of an emergency, ensuring effective coordination with field, RB and HQ colleagues, aiming at promptly mapping and visualizing magnitude of the event, affected areas and WFP’s response;
2. Generate Operational maps regularly for protracted emergencies;
3. Support the daily data management activities to facilitate the creation of GIS products;
4. Work closely with the mapping team leader and support with the coordination of different mapping products requested ad-hoc for advocacy;
5. Maintain a working library of spatial data and metadata in the WFP Spatial Data library (sharepoint / teams);
6. Transpose static maps and dashboards into web GIS products, such as story maps, hubs, and other, with the use of arcgis online;
7. Transpose data from the field and other sources into visually appealing mapping products;
8. Participate in trainings, conferences and workshops to improve knowledge
and understanding of technology concerning geographic systems;
9. Provide training on GIS software, WebGIS platforms and data collection tools to GIS field staff, non-GIS users and Information Management Officers;
10. Promote the implementation of WFP Cluster-related standardized information
management workflows, data systems and information products across offices within the country operation;
11. Provide guidance for the development and implementation of information management tools to enable WFP-led Cluster partners to provide timely, consistent and compatible data of humanitarian assistance provided for operational analysis;
12. Perform any other duties within his / her professional competence as required to support project objectives.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT :
Cartographic maps are created;
Spatial Databases are constantly updated with new information;
Web GIS maps and dashboards are created, following users requirement and appropriate technology;
GIS support to WFP led Clusters and Country level Clusters is provided for the creation of maps for high visibility operations;
Remote support is provided to Information Management Officers (IMOs) on 4 / 5Ws data management or any other technical issue;
Training materials in the framework of the WFP led Clusters, such as simulation exercises, templates and handbooks are developed
STANDARD MINIMUN QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Geographic Information Systems, International Relations, Computer Science or another related field.
University studies are desirable.
Seven years of increasingly responsible relevant professional experience in Geographic Information System (GIS).
Experience working in a humanitarian or development context is a plus;
Profound experience working with GIS software ARCGIS 10.7 or above. . Quantum GIS and other Open Source Software knowledge are an asset;
Experience in developing and managing web-enabled GIS systems, establishing clear roles and responsibilities with respect to data capture format designs, data input oversight, multi-variate data analysis and dissemination of mapping tools.
Experience with Tableau; .
Experience in transferring knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, workshop;
Experience in designing and managing web GIS platforms, establishing clear workflows for data collection, data input oversight, multi-variate data analysis and dissemination of mapping tools.
Knowledge and Skills :
Extensive knowledge of GIS theory and practice. Advanced editing on vectors using topology rules;
Extensive knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software and its extensions such as spatial analysis and interactive mapping and dashboards using ArcGIS Online;
Understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision making and experience with development and roll out of data management tools in support of the humanitarian coordination activities of the WFP-led Clusters;
Knowledge of the WFP GeoNode web platform would be an asset;
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing;
Courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
Language : Fluency in both oral and written communication in Spanish and English.