To adequately fulfil its mandate, the Research, Assessment and Monitoring team is currently looking for a resource to fill the position of National Food Security Research Assessment and Monitoring Officer.
Being an active member to the team that promotes the generation of programmatic evidence and support capacity strengthening effort in the region (e.
g. monitoring exercises, needs assessment and situation analyses, programme design, targeting, cost effectiveness, and operational efficiency).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute to the development of RAM projects and activities, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies and guidance.
2. Support development and application of quantitative and qualitative data collection systems and tools for the monitoring and assessment of food assistance needs in line with innovative methodologies and best practice.
3. Support the development of food security and vulnerability analysis and the preparation of timely reports on food assessment needs in line with wider VAM policies, processes and guidance to enable effective decision-making on the development of country strategy, policies and programmes.
4. Provide assistance on the conducting and / or managing food security data gathering, monitoring exercises and needs assessments that are impartial, independent, credible and meet professional standards.
5. Liaise with implementing partners (internal and external) to monitor ongoing projects, ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness and efficiency and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
6. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to conduct vulnerability analysis to effectively inform preparedness and response activities.
7. Provide support to relevant partners that are focusing on food security and nutrition issues to enable sharing of experience, lessons learned and best practice.
8. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
9. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
10. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Advanced University degree in Economics, Food Security, Statistics, Data Science, Public Health / Nutrition, Geography or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and / or training / courses.
Language : Fluency in both oral and written communication in Spanish and English.
Knowledge & Skills :
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE