Under the overall guidance / supervision of the Regional Director and in close consultation with the Resource Mobilization Branch, the individual -
located in a regional office - will focus on the development and implementation of a Regional resource mobilization Strategy and on building and coordinating Regional Office resource mobilization, partnership and private sector outreach capacity.
He / she will also provide capacity building to Country Offices (COs).
1. Prepare an inventory and accompanying analysis of the various funding modalities available for the region for both a developmental and humanitarian context.
2. Actively develop and explore partnerships with potential donors seeking to encourage their commitment to UNFPA. This includes both traditional and newly established donors and funding mechanisms (through traditional donors, the UN, World Bank, donor special programmes, and in consultation with RMB prior to outreach -
private sector and foundations) and analyse specific funding trends and patterns which can assist in predicting donor interest in UNFPA programmes.
3. Cooperate with UNFPA offices present in the region on funding opportunities and when relevant, conduct donor negotiations for contributions to regular and co-
financing contributions demonstrating UNFPA's comparative advantage and reflecting priorities of donor countries.
4. Actively collaborate with the Regional Office team (including the Communication Adviser) on raising the visibility and promoting results from Country Programmes (CPs) and other relevant programming modalities relevant in the region.
5. Manage networks of partners in the region, and create mechanisms for interaction among partners (parliamentarians, Non-
6. Develop guidelines for above partnerships, including the development and maintenance of a database on regional partners.
7. Develop a Regional RM Strategy to include inter alia :
a. The development of innovative approaches and strategies for fund raising activities from various donor segments to increase regular and co-
financing contributions of the organization.
b. Activities to engage private sector partners at the regional level.
f. Review of the various CPs, including on the respective RM plans in consultation with the Resource Mobilization Branch.
8. Follow-up with country offices on contributions to UNFPA regular resources.
9. Work with selected countries in the region identified as emerging donors to develop specific strategies aimed at exploring potential increases in contributions to regular resources, co-
financing opportunities towards their own country programmes and South-South collaboration.
10. Assist COs in the development of country-specific resource mobilization strategies and as required, undertake specific missions to support related fund-
raising efforts at country and / or regional level and provide capacity building.
11. Provide support to the regional office and specific COs in the development of donor proposals and in the preparation of progress reports.
12. Oversee timely and high-quality compliance with donor reporting requirements by Country Offices, including through the Donor Agreement and Report Tracking System (DARTS).
13. Oversee full utilization of donor contributions, review donor-funded programme implementation bottlenecks, challenges and opportunities and suggest solutions to improve results-
based implementation and reporting.
Any other duties as required by the Supervisor
Knowledge and Experience :