This position is part of the HR Unit in the WFP Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean, supporting 13 country offices in the region.
It reports to the Regional HR Officer. The incumbent of the position will be expected to operate with minimal supervision, providing support and guidance to HR teams in country offices across the region as well as to junior staff in the team, ensuring that operational and project objectives are achieved.
She / he will be heavily involved in day to-day activities and analytical work, provide advice on complex issues, applying HR rules, regulations and expertise in making determinations and recommendations across a range of activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, and deliver HR operational activities or projects, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
2. Provide advice to managers and employees, understanding their needs and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
3. Provide effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving employee relations issues.
4. Contribute to staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing / delivering development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
5. Deliver onboarding activities which ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organisation.
6. Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver business objectives.
7. Support organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
8. Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
9. Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
10. Contribute to continuous improvement by implementing new / updated HR policies, procedures and systems and recommending improvements to ways of working.
11. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings / courses.
Experience : Three or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
Experience in HR operations, covering the entire employee lifecycle, preferred. Experience in the UN System and / or knowledge and familiarity with its normative framework, processes and procedures is desired.
Language : Fluency (level C) in Spanish and English. Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge & Skills :
Broad or specialized knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes with understanding of the basic theoretical background.
Ability to supervise and support more junior and / or less experienced members of the team.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Strong analytical ability to evaluate data, draw conclusions and articulate recommendations.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, including the ability to effectively elicit information from, and provide information to others and to work with a variety of stakeholders.
Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client-oriented service. Ability to identify client’s needs and match them to appropriate solutions.
Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN / WFP specific processes and systems.
Must perform efficiently in a high-volume environment, both independently and as part of a team.
Ability to multi-task and meet competing priorities.