WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
The selection will be competitive; WFP is committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaus (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of Unit, Chief, Administration Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines / practices.
Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Check the provision of a range of services, including facilities and light vehicle management, travel, protocol related, etc.
maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
2. Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
3. Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
4. Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
5. Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
6. Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience : Five yeasr of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Language : Spanish and English. Fluency in both oral and written communication.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position : Administration Assistant (Administration Unit)
Number of openings : 1
Based in : Panama City, Panama
Type of Contract : Fixed Term
Level : General Service / Level 5
Duration : 12 months.
Only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledgement.
This position is open only to Panamanian citizens or residents with permanent work permit.
You can consult the UN Salary Scale for Panama page for your reference.
Fixed-Term appointments are for a continuous period of one year or more and shall have a specified expiration date. The initial appointment is subject to a probationary period of one year.
HOW TO APPLY
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply for this position is December 2, 2021.
Qualified applicants, especially female applicants, are encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV / AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.