To support receipt / dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines and standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support receipt / dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.
g. waybills and / or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
2. Prepare and verify warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records, to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
3. Support daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
4. Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received / dispatched and handled, and refer to the supervisor for appropriate action.
5. Support implementation of appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
6. Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions to support efficient warehouse space-utilization and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives : Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
Be a force for positive change : Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
Make the mission inspiring to our team : Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
Look for ways to strengthen people's skills : Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
Create an inclusive culture : Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback : Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions : Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
Focus on getting results : Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
Make commitments and make good on commitments : Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
Be Decisive : Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
Connect and share across WFP units : Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
Build strong external partnerships : Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
Be politically agile & adaptable : Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships : Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.