Duties and Responsibilities
Main tasks : Under the direct supervision of the Gender Team Leader, the intern based in the Regional Hub in Panamá, will support the delivery of activities and undertake advocary and coordination and the following main areas :
1. Supporting the development and implementation of a communication strategy, including advocating with country offices and governments.
2. Prepare quarterly newsletter in English and Spanish.
3. Keep the gender area web site up dated.
Programme Implementation :
1. Assist the specialists on regional projects on private sector and gender parties and political participation, social protection and violence against women, undertaking secondary research to support the development of concept notes, Terms of reference, and other significant work being develop by the gender area.
2. Support the team leader in the development of key programme priorities implementation of the work plan and reporting.
1. Participate and support the organization of regional events organized by the gender team.
2. Participate and support the organization of web meeting, webinars and other web based activities organized by the gender area.
Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Treats all people fairly without favoritism
Strong IT skills
Personal Skills :
Creative, proactive and supportive
Ability to work in team; creating a positive environment,
Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Ability to write concise and analytical reports
Required Skills and Experience
Education, Experience, Language requirements
Masters Degree in Social Sciences, humanities, gender studies or any other field relevant o to UNDP’s mandate.
Theoretical knowledge of gender and development.
Formal training and / or solid and relevant experience in gender mainstreaming.
Interest in and preferably some prior experience with working in a developing country context.
Strong commitment to promoting gender equality, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Experience : It is desirable that the intern has some previous experience working on projects related to international cooperation or investigations on any other relevant field related to development cooperation.
Language Requirements : Spanish and English
UNDP internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship;
UNDP only accepts interns for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 6 months;
All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring Government or institution;
UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and / or illness or death incurred during the internship;
Proof of medical and life / accident insurance valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out;
The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship or for six months immediately following the expiration date of internship;
The intern must provide proof of enrollment in health insurance plan;
Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
Interns are expected to work full time, but flexibility is allowed for education programmes;